Thankfully, Mom knew this and helped contribute to a new microwave as a Christmas present...thanks mom and dad!
After feeling pretty badly again last week, I gave in to the nausea and just laid around on the couch and in bed. I read a couple interesting books, including "Dear John" (by Nicolas Sparks) and "The Deep Hearts Core" (I can't remember the author) which is a true story about a teacher who goes into the Mississippi Delta to teach in one of the poorest and most crime ridden schools in the area. The stories in the book are crazy but it is encouraging to see how a teacher can have a good influence on their students if they choose to be a role model.
After I finished reading those two books, I decided to start a "classic" so now I am reading through "The Great Gatsby." I always enjoyed reading but had difficulty finding time with all the classes I was taking. Now I have some spare time until I start up student teaching next Wednesday so I am planning on finishing this book before then!
3 comments:
I read that one a couple years ago too. It was kind of depressing though. :(
I love the thought of you laying on the couch with your nose in a book... that brings back good memories:) You deserve a break.
I remember you with your nose in a book all the time, but I like to remember you taking a stack of books up to the tree house! We would look all over the house for you, but couldn't find you! And of course, with the way you focus when you read, you would never answer when we called you.
Glad you're having some time to lounge and relax. You'll soon be busy again.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment