I continue to be amazed at how fast the weeks are flying by, only about 6 more weeks to go (give or take a week) until my due date! Although the saying "time flies when you're having fun" can apply here because things have just been busy. Last Thursday was my last grad class as well as Tom's and this morning I finally finished up the last of the post course work. Whew! Now the work can begin on my thesis! I am hoping to do the bulk of the research before the baby comes so I will only have to type it up once I have her.
Friday night we went to a surprise birthday party for our friend "S" who was not completely surprised unfortunately...(I will try to put up some pics of this later)
Saturday morning, tom and I took a tour of our hospital and I must say I was very impressed. This hospital is known for being very midwife friendly and there are two tubs for women in labor to use which I was very excited about. The only problem was, while we were going on the tour, there happened to be a woman who was in the process of giving birth and even with her door closed I could hear her screaming a horrible blood curdling scream. It was more than a little scary imagining myself in the same position in a little over a month.
In other news, after the tour, we both got ready to go to my cousin Jon's wedding. I should have taken the camera but of course forgot so these pics are compliments of mom.

It was actually a very different wedding than I am used to seeing...they were married on a dock outside overlooking a beautiful lake and everyone besides the grandparents stood and watched. Immediately following the short ceremony performed by none other than dear old Dad, every sat in their seats and began their meals. Pretty efficient, no traveling to get to the reception, it was all in the same place. It was nice to see Jon get married...he has been dating this girl for close to 10 years.

Here is the latest belly pic...34 weeks and counting! I am so thankful for the weather. So far, this summer has not been extremely hot and seeing as I am a little heater now, that has been a HUGE blessing!
Sunday afternoon, it was off to another party, this one a graduation party for the son of Tom's boss.
Monday, we had dinner at a friends house...(MMMM, eggplant parm!) and now I am waiting for my second loaf of bread to finish in the breadmaker. This loaf will be potato oatmeal bread and it is smelling pretty good right now.
2 comments:
adorable waiting-for-baby pic!
nice shirt:)
Post a Comment