Friday, February 19, 2010

Trying to keep busy here

So my man left for Costa Rica on Thursday morning and I have been holding down the fort here. Sniff sniff. I am counting down the days until he gets back next Friday morning, Feb. 26. He was actually very sweet and planned little activities and events for me to do. He organized it all in an excel sheet and he also has cards that he wrote special messages in it for me to read on specific days. Last night I went to MOPS during the day, spent the rest of the day at Mom's, then put Kira to bed at Mom's and went over to a nice restaurant nearby for Tom's grandfather's 80th birthday party. It was a really nice restaurant, I was allowed to order anything I wanted on the menu without thought to the cost of the food. We were all in a private room and there were waiters walking around with little finger foods before we sat down to dinner, and there was unlimited wine. I had one glass of wine and was told that the wine that I chose was $375 per bottle. A bottle a wine yields 4 glasses so my one glass of wine cost $93!

For dinner, everyone got a bread basket, a choice of Caesar or house salad and a pasta bowl. Then for your main course, you got to chose anything you wanted off the menu. I got a filet gorgonzola, an 8 oz. filet wrapped in bacon, drizzled with gorgonzola cheese, sauteed spinach and mashed potato. It was $35 just for my dish and there were probably between 30-40 people at the party so you do the math! But it was melt in your mouth good! There was also a musician playing acoustic guitar during the party who was really good. He had 5 different types of guitars that he kept switching depending on the type of song he played.

I got back from the party late last night so I just let Kira keep sleeping in Mom's pack n' play and spent the night there. I drove back home this morning but had lots of fun hanging out with Kristina, Tom's sister this afternoon. She brought me a pizza and I cut up celery and carrots for us to munch on as well.
We had fun playing with her this afternoon but I think she is getting ready to get a tooth or two. She hasn't been sleeping as well lately and has been a little fussy during the day so I think her mouth is bothering her.

3 comments:

Christy said...

So was $93 a glass wine good?
Also, how is Kira's skin doing? Did you try the Cetaphil on it?
Pat told me what Tommy planned for you during the week and I thought that was so cool!

He and She said...

it was really good...and that is coming from someone who knows nothing about wine. It was a really smooth taste. I use pure vaseline on the Kira's elbows, hands and back of the knees and then use the cetaphil to cover her whole body. Her skin is just super sensitive but using this stuff works for her and she doesn't scratch her belly like she used to so I know it's working. Heard you had a lot of fun on the retreat, can't wait to hear about it soon!

Rosebud said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with family... you deserve a nice treat!
Great to see you Saturday too!