Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Drumroll please...

No, not pictures of the house but I thought I would throw in one of a handsome, hardworking husband and a cute, smiling baby! ;)
Here's the kitchen after the tile work was finished...awesome job Dad! Tom helped cut most of the tile so it didn't take as long as it could have!
Another view of the kitchen..........
The bathroom, we didn't have a toilet or sink in there until the week we moved in! Talk about cutting it close!
Living room, before the floor was refinished and before any painting or trim...
The "master" bedroom...another "before" shot
Kira's room, painted and getting closer to being ready...no carpet yet though!
Jim working on some electrical stuff...he rewired the two bedrooms so that we were able to have a center light with ceiling fans. He also helped Tom put together all the cabinets which was a tedious job. I realize now that I uploaded these pics that I have NONE of Dad working and he has done so much of the technical things. Boo to me!
Moving day pics...can you say "CHAOS?"
Goodbye old apartment! We enjoyed making you our home for the past 5 years but it was time to move on...
The new kitchen...that box on the floor is the remaining two kitchen chairs for my little drop leaf table...I spent 2 HOURS putting two chairs together last night and just couldn't do the other two, I was too tired! So I guess I will finish it tonight!
The living room, floor looks nice now with the refinishing done! Notice no curtains or rug yet...curtains I wanted are backordered until Aug 6. Also, nothing hung on the walls but it has still been less than two weeks since we moved in so I got to cut myself a break I guess!
Another view of the kitchen! *Sigh* (of happiness)
The bathroom-sorry all these pics are side views...I am too impatient to rotate and save all of these the right way I suppose!
The master bedroom...I forgot to take a pic of the new carpet for you to see...well, next time I suppose!
And...no pic of Kira's room as she is sleeping at the moment and that is the reason why I have been able to post finally!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Yeah for pictures! It's looking great Dawn! I love all your paint choices :)

Alison said...

Love your new home! It looks great!

Christy said...

I love the green in Kira's room. Looking forward to visiting one of these days.

Nancy Yoder said...

I have too many places to go!! I would like to visit your new home and I would like to go visit Chuck and see his new house. Erik helped him put in a new kitchen and I don't know what all. I'm happy that my family sees the value of home ownership. Congratulations on your on the new home. Grandma