Anyone watch the debates last night? We went over to our friends house and watched it and then discussed our reactions after it was all over. We both felt that Obama was very impressive in his presentation, he is a very good public speaker, good looking, young and "fresh" (It could almost be compared to the Nixon/Kennedy debates). We were more impressed with McCain's content however and there were some funny comments that McCain said to Obama last night..."You're parsing words, my friend..."
Two people united by God's grace with very distinct abilities, interests, and talents, but very much in love.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
He, the successful chef!!
I was so impressed and proud of my man, last night we had 10 kids over for dinner and He took care of making dinner for everyone! It was a huge success, everyone loved the food! He made burgers with lettuce, onion, tomatoe, cheese, bacon and an egg on top! A fattening meal but really tasty nonetheless! So we had dinner at our house and played the game Scene It. Boys versus girls and the boys won (I think because they watch more movies than girls). After, we played Settlers in the Lounge until it was time to watch the debates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
She, I can't find our dictionary. What does parsing mean? christian
That's what I was wondering too! Funny. I love the idea about the egg on top of the hamburger! Yum.
Hey, She and He,
I never thought of putting egg on top of a hamburger. But it sounds OK. Do you restaurant hours?
To parse words...A classic news management technique known as "parsing": focus on a minor detail that you can safely say is untrue, aggressively deny it, and create the impression that the entire story is inaccurate.
I had heard about putting an egg on the burger before but it does not sound like something I want to try. What a mouthful it must be.
Good to hear from you again and to hear that you're still having good times with good friends.
Post a Comment