
In an effort to save some gas and participate in a bike ride early Saturday morning, I decided to spend Friday and Saturday night at my Mom and Dad's house. So Friday morning, I packed up some stuff for the weekend and drove to Jersey to work.
Saturday, I got up early with Dad and went on a long bike ride with him and a few other people from church. I was the only one riding a mountain bike, everyone else had road bikes so I was pretty tired by the end but Mom managed to snap a shot of me smiling...
We went 27 miles! I was expecting to be sore on Sunday but was pleasantly surprised to find that, although I felt tired, was not sore. I have been (so far) enjoying exercising on my own again since stopping work at the tree job. Up until then, I didn't need to exercise since work was so physically taxing. There has also been a girl up where we are living that likes to go for long walks at night so I do that with her as well (last night, we walked 4 miles!)
Sunday marked the first day of rehearsal for the kids musical that I am running. It was both exciting and exhausting. I am realizing it is going to be a lot of work every week prepping for the rehearsal and a lot of details I have to make sure don't fall through the cracks.
On another note, I finally got the results from the first round of Praxis tests I took this summer (required for every teacher to take) and I passed all of them! It was a relief because if my scores were not high enough, I would have to schedule to take them again and it could hold up my student teaching because I have to have passed them before student teaching which is scheduled to begin in January. Second round of tests is this coming Saturday. I have been studying for this exam and hope that I am prepared enough, thankfully, now I know somewhat what the test will be like since I already took the math, reading and writing tests. I can't believe if everything goes well this will be my last semester of classes! (Unless someone wants to pay for me to get a doctorate, ha ha)
He has been busy as ever...he missed me this weekend while I was away and made sure to make himself busy because he doesn't like being in the house when I am not there. Saturday, he spent the day working on his other hobby (fixing surfboards). He enjoys working with his hands and he can make a little extra on the side when he does this. Well I am off to do housework and homework! "Talk" to you later!
2 comments:
Did you think you weren't going to pass your test? I've never known you to not pass. You are such a duitiful student though. I admire how much you like to study and learn. When is the kid's musical going to be? I like your new background. I'm thinking maybe I could come visit you next wed. if that would work for you.
Kid's musical performances: Nov. 22nd and 23rd at 6PM
Post a Comment