So...you may be wondering, what I am doing with all this extra time now that I am done student teaching? Last night, when Tom got home from work, he really wanted to go surf at LBI so we drove down there and I took my camping chair (Christmas present from Amy) and a good book, read a little and watched him catch some waves. Sorry, no pictures of that as I forgot to take the camera with me!
Today, a friend who lives nearby and has two young children asked if I wanted to go with her and another friend to the zoo. I can't even remember the last time I went and since today was supposed to be really nice. I thought it would be fun. It was really a blast. Our friend got a year pass to the zoo which covers the whole family and any guests you bring with you for as many times as you can go in a year. She thinks she has probably gone at least 15 times so she's got her moneys worth. And of course the kids love it. Her kids are really cute, here they are sitting on a couple of hippos...
This was in the "rare animals" section of the zoo.
Cheetahs
Baby giraffe...apparently, the adult giraffe's had died.
So cute!! She is quite a ham!
By the way, anyone have any suggestions on a good way to get into baking fresh bread. I know Christy makes it by hand but would that be too complicated for a beginner like me and should I look for a breadmaker on craig's list or something? Tom eats a lot of bread and now that I am home more, I would like to make it for him.
2 comments:
I love the philadelphia zoo! I think I have pictures of chase on that hippo:) Looks like a fun day, you had perfect weather for it that's for sure.
For bread making, I would suggest using a kitchenaid mixer. I'm not a huge fan of breadmaker bread. It seems inconsistent. If you do use a breadmaker, let it make your dough, but bake it yourself in pans. The texture and shape is so much nicer.
Post a Comment