Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A little easier


Hey everybody, 

things have been settling down.  He turned in His last assignment this morning after a late night of working (I think He came to bed around 3AM).  So that's done...

Meanwhile, She has been enjoying some down time.  I finished all my work and so spent the day in the city yesterday with a girlfriend.  This friend knows I have been looking for a decent mountain bike and has been looking on Craig's list for me.  So yesterday, we drove over to Swarthmore to meet a guy who was selling this Trek Women's mountain bike. Unfortunately, it turned out to not look as nice as it did in the pictures online so we walked away from the bike when we couldn't negotiate the price lower.   It was a decent bike but not worth what he was asking in my opinion.  I'll have to keep looking I suppose! 

Today, was a nice, run around and do errands and clean the house kind of day.  Things have gotten a little neglected since I have been taking so many classes and working this summer so the past two weeks have been such a welcome relief.  It was so beautiful out I decided to go to the nearby park for a run.  I used to run a lot in high school but haven't been into it lately.  So now I am trying to build my stamina up again mostly because my sister wants to get into running since having her second baby and it is something fun we can do together once in a while.  I was able to run for almost exactly a half an hour before I had to stop but it did feel good to be outside in the sunshine and not inside studying as I have been doing much of the summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally a photo that is not distorted!!! I'm so glad you guys started blogging. It really helps to stay connected even though we don't see each other often. Now when we see you at Christmas, we'll feel like we know what's happening. Enjoy the last little bit of time off before school starts. I remember those days, trying to cram in as much as possible before you have no time again. Enjoy!

Katy said...

Good for you for going running that long! I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do once I finally get my jogging stroller. My shins are sore from my walk earlier and I went for another walk after dinner again, but walking is not jogging, ya know.

Nancy Yoder said...

I also like the pic that wasn't distorted although I would have preferred to see your faces instead of your backs! I have been praying for you as you do your tests. It is a relief when some of those things are over with. I'll compare it to my cataract surgery- I'm glad the first one is finished. Now I have to anticipate the second one.