So, despite the fact that the baby didn't come this week, we managed to have some adventures and fun anyway...Friday morning, Tom had off work, so we drove down to LBI at 4AM so he could surf. I sat on the beach in my chair (Xmas present from Amy!) and finished reading Treasure Island while he enjoyed the surf. Unfortunately, he had a little accident while surfing and got pushed out onto the jetty. His side was all scraped up, his feet cut and bleeding and board dinged a little. Despite all this, that didn't stop him from continuing to surf for a couple more hours, even though his feet were still bleeding...I don't know if you can tell from this picture but his one foot is now pretty swollen and oozing. I am sure it must hurt.

The next day, we had the opportunity to get this stand-up paddle board from a friend since Tom fixes surfboard dings so we were able to trade it for work he has done. This board is 4 1/2 inches thick and 9 ft. 3 inches tall. Tom was able to take it out on a local creek and said it was quite fun. It will be a good board to use when the waves are really small and a fun time for our kids once they get a little older.

Tonight we went to an awesome restaurant called "POD." The meal was family style, three courses and the restaurant was very modern.



I know it's silly but I wanted to include a picture of the baby closet. Little does our little baby know how she is getting hooked up with everything she could ever need, she has lots of cute little clothes and books, now all I need is for her to be outside my belly so I can use them on her!


My next doctor appt. is tomorrow, but Tuesday will put me at 40 weeks. Judging by the way I am feeling, I think I have another week or so to go. Things are uncomfortable sleeping at night but I haven't had one twinge or inkling of impending labor.
No comments:
Post a Comment