Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nothing to report

Well, yet another week has gone by. Another week that brings us closer to meeting our little girl face to face! I am officially 39 weeks now but after leaving my midwife today, not much progress has been made...I am 1 1/2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. On the bright side, my weight has seemed to stabilize. Although my belly measurements have continued to grow indicating that the baby is still growing, I have not gained any more weight in the past 3 weeks. The total tally is 32 pounds thus far. Since she has gotten bigger, I have really lost my appetite. Even eating little meals gives me indigestion.

Things I am doing to keep busy:
Just so you know, I did not choose this book because it was a part of Oprah's book club, but because I enjoy reading about the Holocaust.
1. Bake bread in my bread machine (Tom's favorite of the moment is potato bread)
2. Read-I have read 3 books so far....Night by Ellie Wiesel, The Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London. Today I will start reading Treasure Island, another book I have always wanted to read.
3. Pack, write thank you cards, clean house.
4. Take trips to Barnes and Noble for more reading (can you tell I love to read?)
5. Long walks
6. Hang out with friends...last night went to see the latest Harry Potter movie and if I don't go into labor, Tommy and I will go to the beach and then dinner on Thursday night.
7. Any other suggestions??

Last week, my midwife told me I could go "anytime." What does that mean? All this time I have been hoping to go "early" but thinking that I will probably be overdue because of the family track record. It is a weird feeling not knowing when it will happen. I am so used to scheduling my life out and this is the one time when you are waiting for something big to happen and have no idea when it will be. It certainly doesn't help when you show up in church and people say annoying things like "When are you due?" or "You're still pregnant?" Yes I am....no, nothing is happening yet.

No comments: