Thursday, January 28, 2010

Coupon Lesson #3

Well, since I got so many responses from the last post, I thought I would add one other thing...

Even if you think you can't save any money on food, you could certainly save money on toiletries! I have been corresponding with a fellow coupon woman from my church and she told me how she got 16 rolls of Bounty paper towels for $6.99. That works out to .49 cents for each roll! She used her coupons and got them when they were on sale of course. Another friend from church was able to get FREE batteries from shoprite, again following the weekly circulars and using her coupon. Yet another friend of mine was able to get 890 pampers diapers for the ridiculously low price of .07 cents each! I believe that is WAY cheaper than any store brand.

So it can be done. Yes, it does take some effort to figure out where the sales are but it is ridiculously easy with the invention of the Worldwide Web! Think how many resources for coupons and store information are at your fingertips and you don't have to even leave the comfort of your own home to find the deals!! Also, consider this, as a stay at home mom, we do a lot of things we never get paid for...laundry, cleaning, cooking, childcare and, last but not least...getting groceries for the family! A lot of people consider using coupons a job and if you think of all the money you are saving in the long run, it could be worth it.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

You go girl!

He and She said...

By the way, I got Land O' Lakes Organic Eggs at the grocery store today for .79 cents! They were on sale for $2.29 and I had a $1.50 off coupon! And Kraft block cheese (8 oz.) for $1.50 (using coupon and on sale of course). My bill before coupons? $18.26. AFTER: $8.76...for a savings of...48%! And I am still a beginner! Whohoo!

Alison said...

Good job! This post is SO inspiring! Thanks!