
First, buy your fruits and veggies from a local produce place. I get all my produce this way and it saves us A LOT! For example, I got sweet potatoes this week for $.39 a lb., extra large eggs for $1.39, strawberries for $1.99lb, etc.
Second, and this takes a little legwork on your part but could really pay off big if you invest a little time into it each week, is USE COUPONS! You can get so many manufacturer coupons online now, it is easy to print them off and take them to the store of your choice to use. If you get the paper, that is an added bonus because there are a whole stack of coupons from inserts such as RedPlum and Smart Source.
Third, know your stores coupon policy. My nearby Acme and Shoprite DOUBLE manufacturer coupons for even more savings! That means, if the coupons value is, for example, $.50 off the price of the item, the store will double its value (most stores double the value of a manufacturer coupon under a dollar) so you would get $1 off the item! Note: Target doesn't double but they do accept one manufacturer coupon and one target coupon per item. Target also has their own store coupons online you can print.
Fourth, only buy items you have a coupon for and know are on sale and a good price for even more savings! Store sales usually have cycles. That means, on week 1, cheez-it crackers are full price, week 2 they are on sale and week 3 they are marked down even more. The key is to know the prices of the main items that you purchase on a regular basis so that you will be able to recognize when it is on sale for a good price. That is when you would purchase that item using your coupon for a rock bottom price!! "How did I just find out about this, you ask?" A friend at my MOPS group (Mothers of preschoolers) told me about it and I have been researching about it ever since.
Here are some interesting websites for your reading pleasure...these sites post weekly sales of grocery stores...just scroll down the list to find the store nearest you!
http://www.couponmom.com/grocery-deals-by-state-4
http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/
http://hip2save.com/
http://www.forthemommas.com/
http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/
2 comments:
Have you checked out the CVS extra care bucks deal? People really seem to make out really well with that. Look it up. I really want to try it but I just don't have time. :( Someday.
I will check it out...thanks!
Post a Comment