It is unfortunate since I only see this side of the family once a year. :-( We will have to visit for the 4th of July party I think to make up for missing this one...
Blah item #2 is my car is acting up again. Boo. I become emotionally attached to whatever car I am owning at the time and am always disappointed when it breaks down, as any car will inevitably do! I don't care what the car looks like, I just care that it gets me from point A to point B safely and economically. In this instance, my car started sputtering and chugging on our way to my sisters party this last Monday. But on the way home, it seemed fine and we drove it for a couple days without another incident. However, Friday rolled around and it started sputtering and chugging away again, accompanied by a ominous and suspicious smell. So I drove it directly to a nearby mechanic who ran a quick diagnostic before closing his shop so I could get an idea of how bad the situation was...
Diagnosis: my car is only running on 3 of its 6 cylinders! I will find out what else is involved on Monday when the mechanic is able to look at my car again. Until then, we are a 1 car household!
3 comments:
Oh, so disappointed you were not able to come. Mark was especially looking forward to the day. Then when both Tom & Ricky didn't show he was super disappointed. He was really looking forward to the yearly parchessi game. He also wanted to introduce Kendal to the family. He & Kendal are officially a couple. Tom may know Kendal, she is at PBU now. Kendal McDowell, she is a lovely girl from our church. She & Mark have been hanging and in close contact through this last year and we all thought there was something there and now it's been verified. Again so sorry you were not well, hope you get better soon, the car as well!
Time for a minivan! Hope you feel better soon!
I really missed you. Is that a promise that you will come to our July 4th gathering? I sure hope so. Once a year just isn't enough to suit me! Love ya and hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment